StarTech.com 3.5in Silver USB 3.0 External SATA III Hard Drive Enclosure with UASP â€" Portable External HDD
- Compliant with USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP) Transport Specifications
- Lightweight and durable aluminum enclosure
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 compliant host interface supporting data transfer rates up to 5Gbps
- Backward compatible with high Speed USB 2.0 host interface, with transfer rates up to 480Mbps
- Power/Activity LED indicator
The S3510SMU33 USB 3.0 hard drive enclosure enables you to connect a 3.5in SATA hard drive through an available USB port.
With support for UASP, the enclosure performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0, when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller to utilize the full potential of your SATA III hard drives. See our UASP testing results below for further details.
The HDD enclosure offers a versatile solution for increasing the storage/backup capabilities of your computer, with support for SATA I/II/III hard drives at capacities of up to 4TB. Plus, the enclosure features high-quality aluminum construction and a stylish silver design that looks great in any application.
To ensure compatibility with your computer system, the S3510SMU33 supports all of the leading operating systems, including: Windows, OSX, Linux and Google Chrome.
The S3510SMU33 USB 3.0 HDD enclosure is backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, a UASP enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
- Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5in SATA Drives - USB 3.0
- 1 x Screw Kit
- 1 x Universal Power Adapter (NA/JP / UK / EU / ANZ)
- 1 x USB 3.0 Cable (1m)
- 1 x HDD Stand
- 1 x Product Manual